I think the 604HPLN does not produce low freq. I would rather wait for a H or G.
Hello ,
Can somebody tell me if the 604 HPLN , has the tangerine phase plug and the 515 woofer , how its compared to the 604 H or G ?
I think the 604HPLN does not produce low freq. I would rather wait for a H or G.
I have a pair of HPLN here that were rebuilt by GPA into what are basically the 604-8K. I'll see if I can find more info for you.
I have dual HPLN's in 817 cabs. The bass is very good. Much better than single 515B's in 828 cabs or 2245's as subs in the bottom of 828's. I doubt that they will do Movie effect sound tracks but for acoustic music they are great.
Jim N

The 604 HPLN as I understand it is basically a 421 cone in the woof....very good mid bass speaker. I think for very vocal oriented music this might even be an improvement. I think it can be reconed as a standard unit, check with GPA.
Anywhoo, in someways the 604 HPLN with a sub is an improvement over trying to get regular 604's to go that low...an acquaintance has such a setup.
I think though...and am a little foggy here....the HPLN might have the Symbiotik fram? if so it should be upgraded.
I will email my friend and ask if he had to redo the highs....
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Pan, I cross into MR94's at 700 and into the tweets at 7k. Being 70 years old I don't have much hearing left above about 10 k. These are probably wasted on me but they are too big to sell and ship. I flew down to LA, rented a truck to bring them back to San Jose.
Jim
Bookmarks